Terms and Conditions
In these terms and conditions, references to “Co-op”, “us”, “we” or “our” mean Co-operative Group Limited, registered society no. 525R, whose registered office is at 1 Angel Square, Manchester, M60 0AG.
Please read these terms carefully before you submit any order on the Website as you will be deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions and they will apply to your orders.
We may make changes to these terms and conditions at any time so please do not assume the same terms will apply to any future orders.
- Who may buy goods from us via the Website
You may only use this Website to purchase goods if you are:
- 18 years of age or over. By placing an order you are confirming that you are 18 or over;
- resident within a geographical area for which we offer delivery or able to collect from a store where we offer click and collect (“Delivery Area”), as indicated on the Website; and
- a consumer (purchasing goods for you own personal use).
- When the contract is formed between us
The steps required to create the contract between you and us are as follows:
- You will place an order on the Website by selecting checkout.
- We will send you an order acknowledgement email. This is not acceptance of your order;
- We will also send you a confirmation email to confirm when your order is being processed. This is not acceptance of your order;
- If you have chosen for your goods to be delivered, we will then send you a delivery email to let you know your goods are on their way including any alternatives. We will then deliver your goods. At the point you accept delivery a binding contract is formed between you and us;
- If you have chosen click and collect, we will send you an email to let you know when your goods have been packed including any alternatives. At the point you collect your goods, a binding contract is formed between you and us.
- Age Restrictions
- We may sell age-restricted products (including but not limited to alcohol, cigarettes, DVDs, knives, aerosol razor, blades and lottery tickets) (“Age Restricted Items”) via our Website.
- We operate a challenge 25 policy. This means that if the person collecting or receiving delivery of Age Restricted Items to be under 25, we will request photo ID (such as a driving licence or passport) to prove that they are over the age of 18.
- We may retain the Age Restricted Items if proof of age or an alternative adult (with proof of age, if requested) is not available.
- At our discretion we may also remove the Age Restricted Items and hand over the remainder of your goods. We shall refund you for any Age Restricted Items that are not delivered/collected.
- Availability of Goods and Substitutions
- Availability of goods will depend on stock in the Selected Store at the time of purchase.
- Where an item you have chosen is unavailable (and you have not opted out of us providing you with a suitable alternative) we will substitute the item with an alternative. However, this may affect the price you pay (see clause 9.2). You will be notified of any alternatives and the total price charged in your delivery or collection email.
- You may refuse any substituted item on delivery or collection and we will refund you for the items.
- The price of any of the goods you order will be at the price on the Website at the time you place your order. If a price change such as a promotion, is put in place after you have placed your order, these will not be applied to your order.
- We may require the total cost of the goods you order in a single order to be equal to, or more than, a certain amount (which we refer to as a ‘minimum basket spend’. Please see the FAQs section for details of our current minimum basket spend.
- The prices for all goods on the website are inclusive of VAT.
- For goods sold by weight such as fruit and vegetables, it is difficult for us to select them to an exact weight when we are putting your order together therefore, the item we select for you may be more or less in weight. This means you may be charged more or less than the price stated on the Website for these goods. We will always try our best to get as near as possible to the weight you have ordered.
- It is always possible that, despite our best efforts, some of the products we sell may be incorrectly priced. If we accept and process your order where a pricing error is obvious and unmistakeable and could reasonably have been recognised by you as a mispricing, we may end the contract, refund you any sums you have paid and require the return of any goods provided to you.
- This clause 6 applies if you have chosen to have goods delivered to you.
- Goods may only be delivered to a residential address within a Delivery Area.
- Goods will be despatched or available for collection from a Co-op Food store within the Delivery Area. The specific store will be identified during the order process and confirmed in your confirmation email (“Selected Store”).
- Your delivery date and timeslot will be confirmed to you in your confirmation email. We will do our best to deliver your goods within the agreed timeslot however, we cannot guarantee this.
- We will send a text message to the number you provided when placing your order when your goods have been dispatched.
- We may require proof of age upon delivery, in accordance with clause 3.
- If nobody is home to accept and sign for the delivery, or the person accepting delivery is unable to provide proof of age upon request we will not leave the goods.
- We will try to contact you after a failed delivery and will hold the goods at the Selected Store for collection until that store closes on that day. If the goods are not collected, we will cancel your order and the cost of your order including the cost of delivery will be refunded to you.
- Delivery Charge and Carrier Bag Charge
- In addition to the price, a delivery charge may be payable by you. If applicable, this will be displayed to you before you place your order.
- In addition to the price and delivery charge, a carrier bag charge may be payable by you for bags we use to pack your items. If applicable, this will be displayed to you before you place your order.
- Click and Collect
- This clause 8 applies if you have chosen to collect goods from a Selected Store.
- Goods may only be collected from the specific store within the Delivery Area, as specified in your confirmation email.
- In order to qualify for collection your order must have a minimum basket value of £15.
- Collection times may vary depending on the Selected Store.
- You can choose your collection time on the Website when placing you order.
- We may require proof of age upon collection, in accordance with clause 3.
- All customers collecting goods will be asked to prove a form of identification. The identification must match the name of the cardholder who paid for the order.
- Goods must be signed for on collection.
- The following payment methods are accepted, Visa and Mastercard
- We will pre-authorise your payment card with the total cost of your order, as shown on the Website at the time you place your order, plus 10% to cover the cost of any substitutions.
- The total cost of your order (comprising the cost of the goods (including any substituted goods)), delivery charge (if applicable) and carrier bag charge (if applicable)) will be charged to your payment card when your order is packed on the day of delivery or collection.
- Coupons, Vouchers, Rewards and Discounts
- You cannot redeem any Co-op vouchers or coupons when placing an order on the Website.
- If you are a Co-op Member, you will earn your 5% and 1% rewards when using your Membership card to buy selected Co-op branded products via the Website, subject to our Membership Terms and Conditions. To do so, please enter your Membership number where indicated during the order process.
- Co-op Members will not be able to:
- spend monies their membership wallet (i.e. 5% earned on previous purchases) against goods ordered via the Website; or
- spend or redeem any other discounts (including, without limitation, employee member discounts) against goods ordered via the Website.
- You cannot redeem any other discount (including, without limitation, NUS student discounts) against purchases via the Website.
- Changes to your order
If we haven’t yet packed your goods for delivery or collection and you would like to add or remove goods from your order, you can do this by logging into the Website. If we have packed your order and you would like to make changes, you need to let us know by contacting us on 0330 041 7737
- Changing your mind (cancelling) an order for a refund
- You can also change your mind and cancel your order for any reason within 30 days after the delivery/collection date for an exchange or refund.
- Your right of cancellation does not apply to any of the following goods:
- Goods that have a ‘use by’, ‘best before’ or ‘BBE’ date which has expired;
- Chilled or frozen products;
- Goods that cannot be returned for hygiene or safety reasons once unwrapped, unpackaged or unsealed (such as sealed food products, sealed drink products, personal grooming products, medicines, body jewellery, certain items of clothing and certain baby products);
- Newspapers and magazines;
- Gift cards, e-top-ups, lottery tickets and scratch cards; and
- CDs, DVDs and computer software.
- To notify us that you wish to cancel your order, please contact us within 30 days after the delivery/collection date. Alternatively, you may complete and send a Cancellation Form (in the form set out at the bottom of these terms and conditions) to us within 30 days after the delivery/collection date.
- To return goods for which you have changed your mind, please return them to the Selected Store during the store’s usual open hours within 30 days after the delivery/collection date. If you cannot return the goods to the Selected Store, please contact us so that we can make arrangements for collection. You must pay the costs of returning those goods to us (including any costs we incur collecting the goods from you).
- Where you exercise your right to change your mind, we will refund you for the relevant goods. Where you are returning all goods in a single order, we will also refund you for the delivery charge for that order. Refunds will be paid within 14 days from the day on which we receive the items back from you.
- Exchange or refund for unsatisfactory goods
- We are under a legal duty to supply products that are in conformity with this contract and each product is sold subject to its product description which can be found on the relevant page for that product.
- When your goods are delivered/collected please check nothing appears to be damaged or not as described. If any of the goods are damaged or not a described please do not accept the order.
- If you have accepted the goods and then discover something is faulty or not as described you have the following rights:
- Up to 30 days after delivery/collection date: if the goods are faulty or misdescribed then you can get a refund.
- Up to 6 months after the delivery/collection date: if the goods can’t be repaired or replaced then you’re entitled to a refund.
- Up to 6 years after the delivery/collection date: you may be entitled to some money back but the onerous will be on you to prove the goods have an inherent faulty.
This is only a summary of your key legal rights. They are subject to certain exceptions. For detailed information please visit the Citizens Advice website www.adviceguide.org.uk or call 03454 04 05 06.
- You must return goods that are faulty or misdescribed returning them to the Selected Store (as stated in your confirmation email).
- Where we give you a refund, we will usually refund any money received from you using the same method originally used by you to pay for your purchase.
- Product information
- Images of the products on our website are for illustrative purposes only. The packaging of the product may vary from that shown in images on our website.
- We make reasonable efforts to ensure all information on the Website for the goods is correct although we cannot guarantee this. We do not accept any liability for any incorrect information contained on the Website. Please check the labels and packaging of all goods prior to use.
- If we fail to comply with these terms, we are responsible for loss or damage you suffer that is a foreseeable result of our breaking this contract or our failing to use reasonable care and skill. Loss or damage is ‘foreseeable’ if either it is obvious that it will happen or if, at the time the contract was made, both we and you knew it might happen.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions excludes or limits our liability for:
- death or personal injury caused by our negligence;
- fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
- liability which may not be limited or excluded by section 31 (1) Consumer Rights Act 2015;
- defective products under the Consumer Protection Act 1987; or
- any other matter for which it would be illegal for us to exclude or attempt to exclude our liability.
- We only supply the products for domestic and private use. If you use the products for any commercial, business or re-sale purpose we will have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
- Contact Us
- If you have any questions or complaints, please contact us:
- By email at: email@example.com
- By phone between the hours stated below on 0330 041 7737 every day of the week.
- Monday – Saturday: 9:00am -18:00pm
- Sunday: 11:00am - 17:00pm
- By post at: Coop Food Customer Relations, Freepost MR 9473, Manchester, M4 8BA
- We will do our very best to resolve any complaint to your satisfaction. However, if you are not satisfied, you have the right to use the European Commission Online Dispute Resolution platform complaint and have it resolved by an independent dispute resolution body.
- If you have any questions or complaints, please contact us:
- How we may use your personal information
- Neither we nor you will be responsible if we are unable to perform our respective obligations under the contract due to events which are genuinely beyond your or our reasonable control.
- We may transfer our rights and obligations (including, without limitation, our delivery obligations) under these terms to another organisation.
- These terms and conditions are governed by English law and any claim made relating to these terms and conditions will be in the Courts of England and Wales.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions shall give rights to any person who is not a party to it (whether under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 or otherwise.
MODEL CANCELLATION FORM
(Complete and return this form only if you wish to withdraw from the contract)
To: Co-operative Group Limited Coop Food Customer Relations, Freepost MR 9473, Manchester, M4 8BA,firstname.lastname@example.org, 0330 041 7737.
I/We [*] hereby give notice that I/We [*] cancel my/our [*] contract of sale of the following goods [*]/for the supply of the following service [*],
Ordered on [*]/received on [*],
Name of consumer(s),
Address of consumer(s),
Signature of consumer(s) (only if this form is notified on paper),
Date [*] Delete as appropriate